2017 Pahrump to Dakar Rally Experience – April 7 – 9
Entries are now open for the Pahrump to Dakar Rally Experience. To secure your spot and ensure you get a roadbook, t-shirt and all the other participant goodies, please read the below information and get your registration and payment in no later than March 31, 2017.
Link to Registration Form – https://goo.gl/forms/vTwvB9ATZCZafmyc2
Danny LaPorte, Jimmy Lewis and Chris Blais have joined together to bring rally raid fans a Dakar-like experience in the deserts and dunes of Nevada and California. America’s three top Dakar competitors will teach navigation, tell stories and give you a rally type experience.
This event is open to participants on dirt bikes, dual purpose bikes, adventure bikes, UTVs and even cars. You will get a chance to navigate rally tracks and learn some of the secrets to successful mapbook navigation and rally racing. The event will base out of JLR Off-Road training in Pahrump, Nevada and bivouac with an overnight stay at a remote location. Most meals will be catered and an “airplane box” will be transported for riders on motorcycles.
Pahrump To Dakar is a multi-day rally experience where you will get to learn the ins and outs of mapbook-style rally navigation and get to try your hand at some sample stages in a non-speed, non-competitive environment.
Participants will arrive at JLR Off-Road Training Facility Friday afternoon or early Saturday morning where you can unload your vehicle and stage. We will begin both days at 9 AM with a meet and greet and then get into explaining how rally navigation really works (it is not following a GPS!) and some quick tips and tricks to get you started. Participants will then do a very short stage to another training spot where you will learn additional drills that can make or break a rally racer. After that there is another roadbook to our Bivouac in the desert for near African-style Dakar camping, bring your tent and sleeping bag.
Saturday evening we will have a buffet-style catered dinner with a few presentations, stories and just plain bench racing from Dakar Veterans. There will be a drawing for some cool prizes.
Sunday we will have a short stage to the sand dunes and then some available stages to navigate from easy to difficult. Mid-afternoon those with support can leave from the dunes, participants that choose to head back to Pahrump will do so in caravan style off or on road.
- Navigation Equipment:
- You will need a resettable odometer, a compass that shows heading in numerical degrees (Most GPS do this, There are apps for mobile phones, we suggest and recommend Rally Blitz) and for motorcycles a Roadbook holder (large format is preferred but we can provide 2-inch Roadbooks as well.) We can also provide the Roadbook in pdf format.
- We will have multiple routes for different ability levels and vehicles.
- Easy route can be navigated by a medium clearance two-wheel drive vehicle and should be easy enough for intermediate riders on large Adventure motorcycles.
- Difficult route is very similar to a true Dakar stage in difficulty. All-wheel drive/high clearance vehicle or very capable motorcycle with high skill level.
- Support route will be mostly paved with some hard pack dirt roads.
- You should start with enough fuel to go at least 50 miles and then bring enough for an additional 150 miles (sandy conditions). We will transport your additional fuel for those that need it.
- Saturday Night Camping:
- This will be a Rally-like experience so we will camp in tents in the the desert. It could be hot, cold, windy, raining, windy, dark, windy, dusty and the wind can get bad. But this is all part of Rally. We will transport tents and sleeping bags for those that need it. We will have porta potties at the location.
- Our support trucks will transport camping supplies for those that need it. We will have a mobile mechanic and tools at the bivouac with limited chemicals for repairs, if needed.
- Two-day Pahrump to Dakar Participant 2 or 4 wheel: $375 per person
- Includes: Training, Mapbooks, GPS downloads, Meals (Bag lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Bag lunch), Camping, “airplane box” transport for motos, dune flag, Fuel transport and event T-shirt.
- Two-day Pahrump to Dakar Support Person (paved route, no schooling): $225
- Includes: Meals (Bag lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Bag lunch), Camping, Support Road Book and event T-shirt
- Rally Fan Pass (arrive at secret camping location near Pahrump, NV): $100
- Includes: Saturday Dinner, Sunday Breakfast, Camping, Event T-Shirt
- Three Day Pahrump to Dakar Participant: $775 (limited to 10 participants, 2 or 4 wheel)
- Includes all of the Participant items with an additional intensive one-day rally training class taught by Dakar stage winner Jimmy Lewis on Friday April 7th. Participants in this class will also have a longer, more challenging stage on Saturday leading to the camping location.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- To secure your spot for the Pahrump to Dakar please go to the below link to complete your registration and payment information.
- Link to Registration – https://goo.gl/forms/vTwvB9ATZCZafmyc2
- Get your registration and payment in no later than March 31,2017.
Special Thanks to Our Sponsors!